Friday, February 14, 2020

Billy Graham Crusade

    Number two on my list of top ten sermons is special, not because I remember the words that were spoken or the songs that were sung but because of the aftermath of the event.  In 1987, my husband and I rode a bus with many of our friends from the little town of McIntosh, Minnesota to Fargo, North Dakota to sing in a Billy Graham Crusade that was held there.  The two hour trip sped by and when we got to the Fargo Dome we joined  others who were going to be a part of the very large crusade choir led by Cliff Barrows.  I remember singing alto with the choir but I don't remember what we sang,  I remember that a group performed special music and that Billy Graham preached but I don't remember the songs or words by either of them.  What I do remember is a very, very amazing time after the crusade was over for the night.
     Somehow I had become separated from my husband and my friends.  As I stepped onto the field of the Dome and headed in the direction of the bus I quickly became caught up in the wondrous display of love around me.  There on the tarmac were hundreds of people praying and talking about the Lord Jesus Christ!  As I made my way across the field I was completely wrapped up in a peace that I had rarely known.  I truly felt like I was walking on holy ground.  I lingered as long as I possibly could...just standing there absorbing with every fiber of my being that amazing, wonderful, completely overwhelming peace!!!  If there was ever a time in my life when I caught a glimpse of what heaven might be like, it was there!

                                              Have a good day!  Love, Sue


Philippians 4: 6-7  "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God; and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."



No comments:

Post a Comment