Monday, March 18, 2013

Enjoy The Small Stuff ...


                                                 SO
            THE BIG STUFF IS EASIER TO HANDLE

So many times my grandchildren teach me amazing lessons on how to live life.  Their innocent approach to living enchants me.………

One day  after  making a batch of brownies, I took the beaters out of my Kitchen Aid mixer and was in the process of putting them in the sink when my one and a half year old grandson, Caleb came bounding around the corner of the refrigerator.  He squealed with delight and jumped up and down as he reached for the chocolate covered beaters.  His little face lit up with pure joy as he licked them clean.

A year later when Caleb was two years old he wanted to “help” me wash dishes. I took out the Dawn dish washing liquid, opened the cover and before I poured any liquid into the sink, I squeezed the bottle and tiny bubbles appeared!  Caleb erupted with laughter and begged me to make the bubbles fly again and again.  I was fascinated with his complete and utter enjoyment over such a small event.  Since then, I often purposely pause, squeeze the bottle of dish soap and watch the little bubbles float away.  All by myself I stand in my kitchen and simply ENJOY. I know it sounds a bit crazy (at least my kids think so) but try it sometime, its fun!

 Today, if only for a moment, find something to enjoy!


This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!”
                                                                                            Psalm 118:24       

                                                                     Have a good day!  Love, Sue




No comments:

Post a Comment