Thursday, March 7, 2013

My First Blog Post


Recently, a friend of mine decided that I needed to have a blog and went ahead and set it up.  A few days later he showed me my brand new blog page and told me it was ready for my very first post.  I was both surprised and flattered.  Truly, I wasn't sure what to do with his generous gift of time except to thank him.  But what was I supposed to do now? I had never read a blog much less written one.  Besides, that meant I would have to start writing and let other people read it.  That was a terrifying thought to be sure.

When I mentioned to my daughter that I had a blog site ready to go she put words to my secret thoughts.  She replied, "Mom, do you think that your life is really "blog worthy"?  She wasn't trying to be discouraging, only honest.  I wasn't sure how to answer that question.  Is my life "Blog worthy"?  What kind of life does one have to have in order to be worthy?  To some, my life is probably fairly uneventful and ordinary.  But, to me, personally, it is incredibly interesting, amazing, and exceptionally valuable.  It is the only life I have you see.

So, my answer to her question is this.  Yes, my life is wonderfully blog worthy.  My days are filled with the stuff that most lives are filled with, getting up, brushing my teeth, washing clothes, getting groceries, going to work, etc., etc... But, in the midst of the normal, everyday course of my life are moments of sheer joy, despair, sadness, gladness, and love with smatterings of the unusual and bizarre thrown in for good measure.  My life is probably like yours.

With trepidation I have decided to see if there is anything inspirational, intriguing, or fun to write about deep within the recesses of this old brain.  I'll never know if there is unless I start.

So, here goes my adventure into "Blog Land"...........

Have a good day!  Love, Sue




No comments:

Post a Comment